BridgE over ThE RiVer CaM, OX under it...

a peek into some of my thoughts and activities??

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Some thoughts over the weeks,,,,,

Hmm, I just felt that there are some issues which I need to express my thoughts on, more of a reflection on many ideas and thoughts that I had in my bunk....

Firstly, the recently concluded exercises have definitely given me a fresh insight of how regulars work and stuff. Being a PA to a major then (and seeing others been PAs to stars and crabs) was really enlightening, and also brought me to the harsh reality of what people actually define as efficiency, capability and performance. I'm like having mixed feelings about whether I will end up like the rest of the system in future? Or will I be able to carry on sticking to my convictions?

Secondly, while I was stoning in bunk, I suddenly realised that I actually have that few close friends, people whom I will confide in and trust? Or are they my true friends and not just my companions? I wouldn't have pondered over this if it wasn't because of the fact that I started to feel lonely, as I realised that I won't have the chance to meet up with some of my closest (to some extent, my best) friends due to work commitments on both sides. Its not really something that I can fault them on but what I'm really hoping is that once we've finished doing what we are supposed to do, we can meet up once more....

Well, Doggie gave me some insights, telling me that seperation and blar blar might be good and is a test of friendship and stuff.... Guess he has some point there.....

Thirdly, I was just wondering about my future, of whether I will have the commitment and ability to keep working in the same organisation for 10-20 years of my life? Maybe I would if they give me a salary >$10000 a month and it is real slack. But I really want to work in the Shenton Way area, especially since 5 of my dream organisations are all located so close to each other. Anyway, the reason why I refuse or think that I should not stay in the same company for more than 6 years is because I am afraid that I will actually fall into the trap of a nice and comfortable safety zone, hence making me into one of those old fogies, or even worse, unmarketable and retrenched during periods of recession. Hmm, i think that is totally horrid. Thinking about all this just made me realised about a certain organisation X as well as the fact that anything more than 6 is too much for me and that its time for me to move on(sorry for the whole irony, but I think that anything that pays me really well will motivate me to carry on with it even though I'm in it for more than 12 years).

Fourthly, recently I've been reading up on all those economics stuff (Smith, Malthus and Co.), while I feel guilty as I ought to start reading up on finace, which has certainly reshaped my thinking on ideologies, pragmatism, logic, paradigms and economic institutions. For anyone interested, Krugman is an interesting guy whose stuff are easy to follow while I personally think that you should look for Galbraith and Stiglitz for all those hard core reading that really will shape and influence your thinking. For the really more adventurous, try Adam Smith's works which seriously challenge your language (and your eyes).

Ok guess I've blog more than enough for a day. This is what I will call as verbal diarrhoea.

=P

P.S> I almost forgotten, but I will like to point out to readers of this blog that there's a reason behind my blog's name. Haha, yup, it encompasses what me and one of my buddies actually aim for in life. Have fun (isn't it obvious?????)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home