Screwed week and weekend
Monday paid my first visit to the padang area. Ok, I helped to lay the last few lines from City Hall down. It is definitely much easier than laying the lines down the tunnels, across the field, but the job was equally troublesome especially since we faced the prospect of almost relaying the whole cable again. Thankfully, Dex bochup (I personally think he is getting better to some extent), and we thought of a better alternative, which sadly, got ruined by K.
Tuesday was possibly the best day of the whole week. After the usual run, we rested until break time, and then went to work a bit, then rest again. Not bad right? Oh well, we went nights off too in order to get the food supplies that we need to survive our remaining week in camp.
Wednesday zoom by, with the exception of all those problems at Padang. There were quite a bit of problems from what I hear. Well, so Thursday we tried to solve them. OK, I took half day off on Thursday so I didn’t exactly know what happened, but apparently some people took matters into their own hands and caused a lot of unhappiness for majority of us. I shall not elaborate since I did not really experience the whole thing first hand. Well, I met Shin Eik at JP for dinner. Hmm, Stanford sounds real fun, looks like it is a good place to go too. He seems to me to be enjoying much of his life too!
Friday went down to Padang again to set up the systems. Those engineers are real fickle-minded – they keep wanting to change this and that. Oh well, whatever. Anyway, after we set up the equipment, made all the necessary changes and ensured that everything was up, it was already 8.30. By the time we reached back camp, it was close to 9. SO had to rush to go Jurong Point for dinner, and by the time I reached back home it was 11 p.m. That just sucks.
Saturday I woke up at 730, went ICA building before going to Padang for work again. Well, it was supposed to end at 10, but in the end, after much dragging and talking, we finished at 1120 like that. And for some interesting reason, it is impossible to get a cab outside City hall, so we walked to MICA to get one and I just got back home at 12. It is totally horrible. The rewards better be good or I shall complain.
Tomorrow booking in again, which totally sucks! I mean my weekend just flew by like that. Luckily I’m going town to shop tomorrow (although I have no idea where the energy is going to come from). Thankfully, I got half day off next Thursday and on Friday too. So, it won’t be that long a week for me…
Hmm, guess my future Saturdays are gonna be burnt by NDP. Hopefully the damage is minimized…
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home