Work VS. People
Ok, so what am I? According to several personality tests that I have taken, I’m supposedly people-oriented. Yes, feelings rule for me instead of logic. In order to balance this up, I know that I am trying very hard to think thoroughly as well as to consider the practical issues first before making any decisions.
Looking back, actually I admit I am a pretty task-oriented person. Ok, I think a lot of you do not know but I am a firm believer of 今日事, 今日毕。 Ha, you guys must be wondering what I’m talking about. Well, I think my secondary school classmates should know. Ok, I like to finish whatever homework I get within the day that I received it (if it is possible). I hate to drag things over a period of time, cause that means that either a) things will escalate into a mountain or b) I will always have things to worry about at the back of my mind. So what’s the point of torturing myself right?
Ok, I think some of you might think that I lead a super sad school life because of my philosophy. I’m afraid that’s wrong. Haha, apparently I only spend an average of an hour on school work at home at the most. Yea, the rest of my time is spent on using the computer, playing games, going out, talk cock with my pals, etc. Tough to believe right? Well, I still remember that the last half of sec 3 and the first part of sec 4, I went out every day after school. In fact, I got home at close to 6 almost every day and the moment when I am home, I will usually be using the net and chatting on ICQ or IRC. Right people?
Yes, so that philosophy of life has indeed been brought about with me wherever I go in life. YES, I absolutely detest people who love to throw in last minute work for me to do. That is the worst thing that can ever happen as that totally destroys my timetable for the day (yes, I like to make plans of what I’m doing or what activities I’m having, so you can say that I am a very organized person in that sense even though my room is messy like mad). And yes, I hate to drag things. If things can be done fast and good, then so be it. Don’t waste people time by purposely making things difficult for people.
Ok, guess that is the other characteristic, which I have. I hate things that are sloppily done. I mean if there is a job for you to do, then do it once and for all and make sure its good. I mean, redoing something is both stupid and time wasting especially if you could have completed it initially. I hate to redo things! So yes, I truly appreciate it if people adopt this attitude too, since if you want me to redo anything and waste my time, that will really make me super pissed off.
Ya, this applies for all those projects in which if you already have something in find, then please tell me and don’t waste my time and at the end of the day you come and tell me you want “this this this, and not that that that”. That is extremely irritating.
Oh yes, I admit it is extremely difficult to find people who actually are on the same brainwaves as me. The ideas that I have can be pretty interesting and far-fetched at times, but I appreciate all forms of suggestions. I mean, I am not perfect, and some of my ideas are either too wild, or plainly idiotic. So please, if you are against some of my ideas, do suggest. I am one who is extremely receptive to ideas and suggestions.
Ha, the above does make me sound super work oriented right? Well, actually, I like to enjoy my own free time doing things, which I like, thus I hate to spend too much time on work. And since those things need to be completed sooner or later, it is always better to complete them first so that at least I will have the time to adapt to any sudden changes and not just let the work pile up. On top of that, if you end fast, that means you get more time to play too!
But why do I say that I am a people-oriented person? The truth is I make a lot of irrational decisions. I mean, I tend to side with my best buddies even though I should not, or it is illogical for me to do so. There are many occasions on which I had actually chosen to forego what others would not have (such as time and money), in exchange for the benefits of my pals. Yes, I think I have actually pissed a lot of other people off just because I’m siding with my friends.
Yes, I am indeed very people-oriented in the sense that friendship usually affects over 50% of my judgment. I think that is something, which I think all of you out there who know me personally should know. I guess all this boils down to the simple fact that I treasure friendship so much more than a lot of other things. To find a true friend is indeed not easy, and it needs plenty of luck and fate to accomplish. I guess indeed I have been very fortunate to meet so many wonderful pals in my life so far. Truly speaking, I need to thank heaven for all the kind favors they have given me thus far.
Looking back at what I’ve been through, there are times in which I feel really dumb. I mean, I have given so much for most of my close pals but what have they shown back to me? It can be real especially when you had so much for them, and yet at the end of the day, they just murmur a simple thank you. Worse, they turn around and bite you. That is extremely frustrating, especially when your intentions are misunderstood. There are moments which I really think that I am stupid, that there is no point in me continuing to show them my care and concern, but somehow or another, something within me always tells me to just give in to them just 1 more time. Perhaps that is one of the greatest weakness, which I have – I am actually a very softhearted person who gives in too easily to people’s demands (as long as I think its reasonable). And of course, that usually means that I always bear the brunt of the chores too.
Argh, oh well, what to do. I guess I’m just too nice. I’m like a punching bag for people when they are irritated, and likewise I’m also like a trashcan for people to dump their rubbish in. Seriously speaking, how many of you have ever been my punching bag? How many of you have actually helped split my burden? How many of you have ever heard me sounding vexed? I guess I am still looking for someone who knows me that well, for someone who really can be the cushion for me in life. Hopefully I do not need a long time to find the right one that I’m searching for…
It is so frustrating when I am an outlet for others, yet there is no outlet for me. It is just too much when people just take me for granted. Fine. You can always take me for granted because at the end of the day, I am not the one who is at the losing end. After all, it is only when you have lost some stuff, then you will realize how precious the thing is to you after all. I mean to me, I believe in maintaining my relationships with all, cause I know how valuable you are to me. But of course, if you yourself don’t treasure the bond I have with you, it is indeed fine with me. I rather have a mutual relationship then a single-sided one, since a one-sided affair is just nothing more than pure torture for me since we just cannot click together. Oh yes, that helps to eliminate all the “iron nails” which I have been hitting upon.
Ha, ok, please pardon me for my huge, long rambling about my personality. It seems to me that I have digressed a bit towards the end. And definitely, I’m not trying to pinpoint anyone here, but I’m just trying to get some thoughts out of my head (and heart too). I love most of ya (especially those regular blog readers which I have), and yes, you can still continue to shoot things at me. I guess most of you should know by now that I do not take things to heart most of the time. Ok, I hope that you guys have just got a better understanding of me!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home