BridgE over ThE RiVer CaM, OX under it...

a peek into some of my thoughts and activities??

Monday, June 06, 2005

SupEr Busy WeekEnd

I had a great weekend, but at the same time, I officially declare myself as being broke. Yes, let me briefly describe.

Ok, Friday after work we went Orchard Road to shop. Hmm, apparently xj and jh wanted to get belts, but in the end almost all of us got shirts instead haha. I got a shirt at Jean Perry for $60. I must say it looks nice on me, and it is one of those rare few shirts that I managed to find that I look good in. I think I need to work on my chest muscles in although to have a better figure to buy clothes. Anyway, my dad was quite angry that I splurged on the shirt. He calls it too expensive, and he thinks I should not get something so expensive with the limited spending power I have. Hmmm, all this despite the fact that I seldom buy clothes (like only once every 6 months), and that I have literally been desperately looking for a shirt. And please, it's only $60, not like Zara's stuff which cost around $90. Oh well, I'm somebody who believe in getting something I like instead of just wasting cash on things that I dislike or don't care about. But then, I'm not a spendthrift. I believe in saving more than spending. As such, I officially declare that I am in the red, and that I shall go on a savings plan for the next few months.

Anyway, after shopping, met up with WM, got a Seiko watch for him for his birthday (well, his party happens to be on Saturday, that’s why...), and then we went over to Breko to chit chat. Hmm, the watch is nice, I must say, but I guess it's not the type of watch that I will wear now (it is those metallic ones).

Ok, Saturday went to Orchard to meet the gang, before we headed to WM house at CCK. Oh man, he lived super near my sister's friend lor. I was like stumped when I discovered that. But his house is quite ulu la, haha, or maybe it is because anywhere in the West is like ulu to me. Hehe. Well, he got a big house (5 room flat), and it accommodated like 20 of us quite easily. We had a steamboat dinner there, and the ingredients that we had were good. As usual, there were tiger prawns, meat, fish, vegetables, dumplings, fish balls, etc. On top of that, he got scallops, limpets as well as those mini abalone. But in the end, we never eat the limpets. Haha. Oh, and he baked his own birthday cheesecake. I must say that it was quite good, just that it was a bit too small...

Ok, we had a good time at his house, eating, talking, watching his MTVs, doing funny stuff and so on. In the end, I left with SH at around 0130 hours. Ha, it was a real tiring night.

Sunday I went for driving lesson as usual. Then I finished up on Xiao Yu Er (ok, there will be a separate post for that later). Oh, I got the first 30 episodes of Da Chang Jin too! Hehe, I am eagerly looking forward to watching it to see what makes it one of the hottest Korean dramas in town. Then I went to Orchard to support SP's cai, who was taking part in teenage idol. It is really such a pity that she failed to qualify for the next round even though I thought she sang quite well. I mean, she didn't sound awkward or off, unlike some of the other contestants. Perhaps she chose the wrong song (she sang nu ren shuo by Amei), as her voice lacks the explosive power of Amei. Instead, she should have gone for Fish Leong's or Stephanie's songs. I think she has the ability to pull them off perfectly.

Anyway, after that, we had dinner and snacks. I ate the Shilin Oyster Mee Sua, and I admit that it is good. How come I never eat that when I was in Shilin? Hmm, wasted. Hehe, all the Shilin stuff reminds me a lot of Taiwan, especially the chicken cutlet and the Tempura. Oh, I miss the Milk Ice too. Argh, hopefully I can go back to Taiwan next year and tour.

Oh, we went KTV too. Mh suggested it, and for some interesting reason, all of us went. Well, there were only 4 of us, but we had a good time singing. Hehe, I finally sang Qiang Wei too. But Eddy and me had to rushed off because of the last bus issue. In the end, MH and WJ were left and they sang until 1 a.m.

As you can see, I reached home at 12a.m., 2 a.m. and 1210 a.m. for the past 3 days. I am really tired, and also utterly broke due to all the cab fares that I had to pay. The midnight surcharge really hurts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home