BridgE over ThE RiVer CaM, OX under it...

a peek into some of my thoughts and activities??

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry X'mas!

Merry Christmas! Looking back, it has indeed been quite a hectic Christmas week for me.

19th was Battalion Anniversary at the Big Splash. It was quite weird, if you ask me to see a gang of army guys over there. Ha, it was totally boring and pathetic compared to last year’s dinner at Chevron. I mean at least we had food to eat and a place to sit about compared to Big Splash where we were literally just waiting for time to pass. Hmm, the only good thing was that the prizes were very attractive. Really fabulous if you ask me (top 2 prizes were PSPs!). Ha, ZM even won one even though he never turned up. Haha.

I caught Pride and Prejudice too. It is a good movie, simple, nice and sweet although I thought more could be done in terms of character development (perhaps I’m demanding too much for a movie can never be like the book). Well, I must say the director did justice to the book for he followed quite strictly to it, way much better than some other adaptations (for example Seven Swords which had totally no links to the novel).

I went back to camp for FFI on the 21st. Luckily for me, things ran smoothly and I didn’t have to wake that long for both the dentist and the MO. Hmm, possibly the only bad thing that day was that I know I got guard duty on Jan 5th. Sigh. Hopefully it will (and it better be) my last guard duty ever.

Hop over at night for Mambo. Yupz, it was a good night with a good crowd and the music was really good, however I thought it was overpacked (reminded me of last year’s last mambo), hence it was real difficult for me to move about Zouk.

Went to meet yaohao they all on the 22nd. Yup, he flew back from London to spend Christmas in Singapore. Well, we had a good chit chat session as well as a good dinner at Manhattan’s Fish Market (which is amazingly almost like a replica of Fish and Co). Walked about Orchard and I must say that all the shopping centers are like packed with people. Plaza Singapura, Taka, Cine – they were all full of last minute shoppers I guess?

I played badminton with the CCIS gang on the morning of the 23rd before rushing over to Marina to meet the SJ people to watch the Chronicles of Narnia. I think it is a good movie, with really well done special effects. Ok, I must admit that it was a kiddy movie, but then, you can’t fault it for that cause in the first place the book was meant for kids. Well, but I must say the gathering was good (I think it’s like half a year since we all last met up?), and the attendance was remarkable (like 20 people?). Ok, I will post the pictures here once I can actually obtain it.

I spent most of the day on the 24th fiddling and setting up my new computer. I’m starting to hate HP and Norton firewall. It is like totally ridiculous. Well, I will sort that out on Tuesday after the entire holidays. Then at night I might up with WJ and gang for countdown to Christmas as well as prata at Bukit Timah. Ha, it was good.

Hmm, looks like I met up with most of my friends over the week. The few that I haven’t met up (Geppers, and real sorry CX), I’m sure we will meet up soon. No fear, there’s always my birthday!

In the meantime, Merry Christmas and I hoped all of you had a wonderful Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home