BridgE over ThE RiVer CaM, OX under it...

a peek into some of my thoughts and activities??

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Work, work, work

Working is tiring… It is amazing that even though I survived the education system and the Army, I’m now finding it tough to wake up at 6 in the morning daily! Its like these few days I’m sleeping at 10 because I’m just so tired!

Yes, it means that I am missing my previously 'regular' DOTA and Civ4 sessions. Well, DOTA I don’t exactly miss that much since ABH has gone to ROC (to enjoy his tour de Taiwan), Kenny and gang are mostly either working (be it in the Army or the public university), so I don’t exactly have any khakis to dota with. But I feel bad to neglect my Civ4 buddies.

Anyway, I’m enjoying my work. I admit, there are moments where I do feel stressed, overworked, and of course hateful at my own inability, but I’m learning much along the way. For example, I think I’ve actually done a good job of revising some portions of Microeconomics that should prepare me well for University.

The people in VJ are great! It's good to go back to your alma mater cause you actually know some of the staff there, and there’s plenty of nostalgia when you actually interact with your former teachers. The relief teaching dept, as I labeled it, is great. All of us are around the same age group, so communication is easy. Its good to have a company of people to spend free time with or else it can be torturous.

Students wise, I know I’m not supposed to comment on them but I guess blogging about them as a group should be ok. Generally speaking, they are nice, quite fun-loving people although i will appreciate if they actually speak up more during lessons. They do remind me of the past, when I was their age. God, I do feel old! Haha. But seriously speaking, I do realize that many of them don’t really understand what I’m talking about, and that they are just copying what I say, treating me as “giver of model answers”. Well, I can’t fault them since this is still a brand new subject to them and you do not exactly see the beauty of Economics on the whole when you are dealing with Mathematical graphs, functions and curves. I guess I shall put in more effort to try to spark their interest in the subject, even though I admit I personally don’t like Microeconomics too. Well, guess I shall plan my lesson and try to see how I can incorporate interesting things into their everyday classroom life.

Some of you might know, but so far, this teaching experience is seriously making me think that I can be a good lawyer too. God, how did I even convince myself that the wrong is right? Much less convince others. Hehe, maybe law is a viable path too. But come to think of it, Economists always make themselves sounds right. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home