BridgE over ThE RiVer CaM, OX under it...

a peek into some of my thoughts and activities??

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

London(3)

We walked past Wellington arch on our way to Harrods. It is a really beautiful area, and apparently it is London’s equivalent of Champs-Elys. I must admit the arch was beautiful, and that the whole area was lovely.

We went to Harrods and I must admit that I was impressed with the shopping centre. Or, should I say the shopping paradise. I attempted to walk in to do some shopping, but got stopped because of my big bulky bag. Oh well, will go back in the future then. Anyway, just a slight preview of how different it is from our shopping centre – apparently they sell elephants and they have live singers in their lifts and umbrellas are going for over a hundred pounds! Doesn’t sound like our typical shops right?

I walked past Imperial College as well and I must say that the university is relatively big compared to LSE. Hmm, it is very small compared to NUS, but I can’t fault it since it is right smack in the city centre. Oh, apparently they have some very advanced and highly classified research being done there, like nuclear research.

Royal Albert Hall was right behind and I must say it is lovely, and huge. It is like their main concert hall area (if I’m not wrong), and I must say that I am totally impressed. It looks bigger than the Taipei concert hall and if I’m not mistaken, major events involving the Queen are held her. Right opposite, is the Kensington Gardens and they have the Albert memorial which is impressive as well. A pity the repair works spoilt the picture.

Finally, we reached our destination, Stamford Bridge after walking for close to 3 hours after lunch, and not having any breaks in between. We arrived after the match had ended, so it was really quiet. But I’m so happy, caused it’s the closest that I’ve been to a EPL soccer ground! I’m looking forward to visiting more, especially St. James Park!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home