BridgE over ThE RiVer CaM, OX under it...

a peek into some of my thoughts and activities??

Friday, April 14, 2006

Boliaoness

I read xiaxue’s blog yesterday and I’ve finally understood why her blog is the number one in Singapore. It is not just funny, saucy, hilarious and bitchy, but also some of the things she does is pretty much out of the blue, not something the average Tom, Dick or Harry will do. I really got an eye-opener from some of the issues.

Of course, she also blogs on some topics which she does expose herself have almost 0 intelligence, such as the anti-apple post. Haha, when you don’t know anything about technology, and you are just freaking out because of the Mac addicts, please just criticize the people, not the products. If not, you will make yourself sound stupid (haha, maybe every Singaporean just like to be dumb at times, but they don’t dare, that’s why they want to go read how other people actually expressed their inner feelings).

Oh, this reminds me of a conversation on clubbing I had with my friends. Its like we all want to go MOS, but people are having some reservations over it because of all the bad remarks some people actually have of the place. And of course, the main complaint was that the ‘Smooth’ room, which plays R&B music, is always too packed until you can’t actually club the way you want to. And so we started talking about how Singaporeans like R&B more because its more hip, more cool, and you can do a lot of funny intimate stuff with your partners. But ultimately, when you are with a group of friends, you will actually prefer to dance to those ‘cheesy’ songs. Haha, its like almost every one of us actually do have a liking for those ‘cheesy’ songs, things like S Club 7’s hits, boybands, retro stuff. But none of us will ever admit in public that we like it. Hahaha. So I guess when you want to have fun under anonymity, you will go to those clubs which plays these type of songs and have fun! I guess that’s why Mambo is actually such a big hit among Singaporeans since it fulfills the void we all have inside.

Oh, I watched Zo peng. You can go to http://www.hosaywood.com/ to watch it. It is just a simple short clip on the common Singaporean male experience. Well, for guys who ORD (or going to), I think you won’t find it interesting at all. It is at most just a summary of the 2 years plus you had. But I think it is quite an eye-opener for girls or recruits to be? Waha, when some of the girls hear about the rigidity and inflexibility of the Army. Just when we were complaining about how inflexible the government occasionally can be, guys will always know that there is one organization which is tough to emulate. Haha. Well, the director was innovative in the choice of having a still set, the choice of using females’ leads. Just that, the content is boring. I still prefer Xiaxue’s blog. God, I think some of the things in her blog can actually be cut into a short movie. Wahaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home