
Ok, I ended my trip in London with a visit to Buckingham Palace. Yes, it is huge! There's a really nice park there and there are of course tons of people. Ok, I confess, I haven't been to the Istana in Singapore so I can't compare which is more beautiful or grander.

Well, the only thing I know for sure is that they sure have plenty of gold-plated stuff. See, even their gates are gold-plated. Ha, it might even be real gold! Oh, the Queen Victoria Memorial is just outside the Gates of Buckingham Palace. As

we all know, Queen Victoria's reign coincided with the rapid expansion of the British empire, as well as the height of the Industrial Revolution. Hmmm, it might have also seen the start of the British decline since that's what I'm going to study next term (and actually I'm reading on that now). But I must admit that London has been really fun.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home