BridgE over ThE RiVer CaM, OX under it...

a peek into some of my thoughts and activities??

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Perhaps Love

I caught Perhaps Love, and seriously speaking, I think it is indeed an ambitious movie which is interesting to watch and enjoy, but too troublesome as well as a headache if you just want to relax, sit back and catch a show.

Yes, the cast is superb. Takeshi and Zhou Xun are fantastic, I mean they literally use their looks to kill. The emotions, which they conveyed with their facial expressions, and their eyes, are indeed something that most actors lack. The only one that I can think of who has such a fantastic ability is Tony Leung, On top of that, both Zhou Xun and Takeshi are a joy to watch, hence it does provide plenty of eye candy for the audience.

Hmm, I will say that the music is rather weak, with the exception of Jacky. Jacky’s voice does play a major role in bringing up emotions throughout the story, and I must say that his character in the show does leave an impression too, for he manages to convey a lot of serious ideas.

Sadly, the main problem lies with the plot. It is a little bit complex to understand initially, although things start to unravel slowly, bit by bit. But there are some gaps too, such as Jacky’s character relationship with Zhou Xun’s, as well as periods, which you feel the director could have brought out more links, instead of letting the audience think.

Overall, I will say that it is a good attempt by the director to create a musical of a movie, and the concept of a movie within the movie. Sad to say, I think that if he were to cut down on the musical part and focus more on the storyline, the movie would have been better (oh, but Jacky’s numbers must still remain for they are essential to the whole story’s development).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home